FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
SIARGAO INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 2017
What is the Siargao International Marathon?
- Siargao International Marathon 2017 is a fundraising campaign organized by the Municipality of Del Carmen together with Runrio Events, Inc. and Open Space Media Inc. for the benefit of mangrove rehabilitation in Del Carmen. This is the 1st Siargao International Marathon following the success of the first Siargao It Up! Marathon last year.
Event Date: July 23, 2017 (Sunday)
Event Venue: Del Carmen
Event Time: 5:00AM – 12:00PM
How can I register?
- For online registrations, please visit www.runrio.com/siargaomarathon2017
When can I register?
- Online registration is from May 15, 2017 until July 16, 2017.
How much are the registration fees?
- 21K – P1,400
42K – P1,800
For online registration, additional fees will apply.
- Online credit card transaction: additional P50
Below is the detailed breakdown for online registration:
|Category||Registration Fee||Additional Fees||Total Amount|
|21K||Php 1,400||Online credit card transaction: P50||Php 1,450.00|
|42K||Php 1,800||Online credit card transaction: P50||Php 1,850.00|
Can I still register even if I don’t have a credit card?
- Yes, we are accepting payments via bank deposit/transfer. You may deposit your payments to BDO Account Name: Runrio Inc. (Registration) / BDO Account Number: 2110153616, email your deposit slips to firstname.lastname@example.org together with the registrant’s complete name, race category, address, contact number. For inquiries, you may also contact us at 463-4813 and look for Vismark Peñada.
Is there a discount for local government staff, students or senior citizens?
- There are no discounts offered since this is a fundraising event.
Who can participate?
- Adults (18y.o. and above) may choose from any of the two categories – 21K and 42K.
What are the inclusions of the registration fee?
- For the 21K – singlet, race bib, loot bag, RFID timing chip, finisher medal and finisher shirt
- For 42K – singlet, race bib, loot bag, RFID timing chip, finisher medal and finisher shirt
Note: Finisher medals and shirts will be given at the finish line.
What is the time of Assembly?
- For 42K, participants should be at the starting line at Del Carmen by 4:00 AM.
For 21K, participants should be at the starting line at Del Carmen by 4:30 AM.
Participants have an option to book their shuttle service from their hotel/resort to the starting line thru Runrio for a minimal fee or thru local transport available (hotel/resort shuttle service, habal-habal, etc.)
What is the time of Gun Start?
- For 42K, the gunstart is at 5:00 AM
For 21K, the gunstart is at 5:30 AM
How do I get my race kit?
- All registrants must claim their race kit at the Arrival Area of Del Carmen Airport, Siargao from July 20 to 22, 2017.
How does the singlet jersey look like?
What are the sizes available? (first come, first served basis)
May I see the race route?
- Kindly visit our official website in www.runrio/siargaomarathon2017 for the race route.
Is there a cut-off time?
- 42km cut off time is 7 hours after gun start.
21km cut off time is 4 hours after gun start.
We will also implement a starting cut-off time. Runners will not be allowed to run the race if they arrive beyond 15minutes after their designated gun start.
Can I book my airfare thru Runrio?
Yes you may book your airfare from Manila to Siargao and Siargao to Manila thru Runrio at the online registration link provided. We have limited slots thru our airline partner – Skyjet Air. Seats may run out before registration closes.
Can I book my hotel/resort accommodation thru Runrio?
- Hotels and resort accommodation is not available thru Runrio. You may click on this link (Siargao Accommodation) for available hotels and resorts in Siargao.
Should I have other concerns, how do I contact you?
- Call the RUNRIO hotline at 463-4813 (Mondays to Fridays from 9:00AM to 6:00PM).
Email us at email@example.com
Or visit our website www.runrio/siargaomarathon2017
For corporate packages, kindly contact Vismark Penada, Registration Secretariat at 463-4813.
SIARGAO IM COMPETITION RULES v. 2017
Participants must follow the instructions of all event officials (staff and volunteers). For participants’ safety, no skates, strollers, or animals are permitted. Costumes covering the face, or any bulky outfit extending beyond the perimeter of the body, are not permitted.
RUNRIO reserves the right to change the details of the event, including delaying, canceling, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other potential safety risks. Participants must retire at once from the race if ordered to do so by event officials, medical staff, or any governmental authority, including firefighters and police officers.
Any participant who conducts him/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner or who is offensive in action or language to event officials, other participants, volunteers, or spectators may be disqualified.
Protests related to results will be entertained for up to one (1) hour after the posting of results. All protests should be made in writing and submitted to the event officials or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A non-refundable protest fee amounting to P5,000 is required. Verbal protests will not be entertained.
All participants must provide accurate information, including age, gender, and emergency contact information, when filling out the event application form. It is strongly recommended that the closest family member should be written as the emergency contact person.
Request for information changes will not be accepted once the event has started. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis.
|Categories||Reg Fee||Start Time|
|42K||– P 1,800.00||5:00 AM|
|21K||– P 1,400.00||5:30 AM|
|5K||– P 650.00||6:30 AM|
Entry fees are non-refundable and may not be deferred or transferred.
- – For 42K, and 21K, participants must be 18 years and above
– For 5K, participants must be 5 years and above
Participants below the age of 18 must seek their parental/guardian consent and fill up the entry form where the parent/guardian is required to sign.
Your official race number (bib) must be fully visible at all times and worn in front. The timing device (B-Tag) is attached to the back of your race number; in order to ensure an accurate time, please do not fold or wrinkle the race number or cover it with a jacket, runner belt, water bottle, or any other item. Participants who run the race without their number properly displayed risk not having their finish time and split times recorded.
The reverse side of the race number must be duly filled up. It should contain the emergency contact number of the closest family member who is in Manila.
If your race number is lost, you will have to register again. Runners without the official race number will not be allowed to run.
Race numbers are non-transferable. You cannot give or sell your race number to another person. A participant who does not wear his or her assigned race number, or who is found to have transferred, bought, sold or otherwise permitted any other individual to wear his or her race number, will be disqualified and suspended from subsequent RUNRIO events.
Participants are responsible for arriving at the start line corral on time. Any participant who climbs over a barricade or otherwise enters improperly may be disqualified. For participant safety, once a corral is closed for entry, late-arriving participants must report to the next available corral.
Participants who do not start within 15 minutes from respective flag off will be disqualified and may not be allowed to start. No result will be given to disqualified participants.
Your official finish time is recorded by the timing system from when you cross the starting line to when you cross the finish line. Top finishers will be determined by gun time (the time from the starting horn until the runner crosses the finish line).
The race course is measured using GPS (Global Positioning System) running watch. Participants must stay within course boundaries, as designated by barriers, traffic cones, delineation, and/or other markings, at all times. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
No participant, after leaving the course, will be allowed to rejoin the race either for the purpose of getting the finisher’s freebies or to pace or assist another competitor.
Unofficial pacers or other unregistered participants are not permitted. (This does not apply to officially designated pacers.) A participant who receives assistance during an event from anyone other than official medical personnel may be disqualified.
In the interest of safety, and to allow reopening of streets as scheduled, race courses will be closed after the following designated cut-off times
|42K Race||–||7 hours after official start of the race|
|21K Race||–||4 hours after official start of the race|
|5K Race||–||1 hour after official start of the race|
– A weapon of any kind, including firearms, knives, Mace, etc.
– Any dangerous item that could be considered dangerous, including hammers, saws, sharp objects, etc.
– Flammable liquids, fuels, fireworks, toxic chemicals, and explosives
– Large packages, coolers, tents, etc.
– Sleeping bags, and large blankets or comforters
– Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances of any kind
– Unmanned aerial devices, drones, survey balloons, photography mini-copters, and any flying device with an on/off switch.
– Opaque trash bags and any non-transparent plastic bags (Clear trash bags are allowed.)
– Folding chairs, camp chairs, and tables of any kind
– Glass containers
– Glass containers
– Containers of liquid larger than one liter
– Suitcases and rolling bags
– Costumes that cover the face and any bulky outfits that extend beyond the perimeter of the body
– Selfie-sticks and any camera mount or rig that isn’t attached directly to the head or torso
The race organizer may change, without prior notice, any of the rules and regulations that they may deem necessary to ensure the success of the race. The race organizer’s decision is final.
All 42K, 21K, and10K finishers within the cut-off time will receive a finisher’s medal.
Trophies, medals, and cash prizes will be given to the top finishers only.
- 21K Run
Men’s & Women’s Divisions:
Champion: P10,000 + Trophy
Runner-up: P7,000 + Trophy
3rd Place: P5,000 + Trophy
42K M Race
Men’s & Women’s Divisions:
Champion: P20,000 + Trophy
Runner-up: P15,000 + Trophy
3rd Place: P10,000 + Trophy
Official race results will be uploaded two (2) days after race day, visit www.runrio.com.ph for more details.